Hello, everybody! Last night was Oscars night. I was particularly interested in the Adapted Screenplay category, as one of my favourite authors was nominated (Nick Hornby for Brooklyn) and one of the greatest adaptations I've ever seen onscreen was also nominated (The Martian). Eventually, none of those won, but all the nominees made this particular category really tough. Anyway, let's see what happened in the literary world the previous week.
- Dash & Lily's Book of Dares is getting a sequel! See the cover and read an interview with the authors Rachel Cohn and David Levithan. The Twelve Days of Dash & Lily is due on October 18, 2016.
- Prepare to add two more books to your to-be-read list! New novels by Zadie Smith and Ali Smith will be published this year. Swing Time by Zadie Smith is expected on November 3rd, while Autumn by Ali Smith is due on August 24, 2016.
- The End of Watch, the upcoming novel be Stephen King now has an animated cover. What do you think? The novel will be available on June 7, 2016.
- Irvine Welsh is also returning in 2016 with his new novel The Blade Artist. For now, you can read an excerpt while the novel is coming on April 7th.
- Watch the new book trailer for the upcoming picture-book They All Saw a Cat by Brendan Wenzel. What an impressive art style! The book will be published on August 30.
- Tell the Wind and Fire, the upcoming young adult novel by Sarah Rees Brennan's is due on April 5. But you can watch the book trailer. Are you fired up for this novel?
- We have some news about The Winds of Winter. Unfortunately, it's now a release date. George R. R. Martin has revealed that in the latest installment of The Song of Ice and Fire there will be a twist that cannot be used in the series, as this character is dead in the show.
- What is a better combination than tea and books? Well, Novel Teas combines both of those things. Each tea bag includes tags with quotes by famous authors. I need this in my life!
- Which Literary Heroine Are You? Take the quiz to find out! I got Hermione Granger (Yay!), which one did you get?