November 28, 2016

The Reading Book Post, November 28th


Hello, everyone! It's the end of November and, let's face it, there is one thing that we are all expecting. I'm talking about Christmas, and to be honest, I can't wait! I've already decorated (but just a little) my home, and it's about time I began my season reading. Do you have any recommendations for me? Anyway, let's see what happened in the literary world the previous week.

  • The shortlist for the Costa book awards 2016 was announced and women authors dominated it. More specifically, 14 out of the 20 nominees were female authors in overall five categories. 


  • Nowadays, audiobooks are part of all of the bookworms' lives. But when was the first audiobook recorded? A collector in Canada has recently discovered one of the first audiobooks that ever existed. It's a recording from 1935 of the novella by Joseph Conrad, called Typhoon.


  • This is amazing! The new Marvel's U.S. Avengers #1 has variant covers and its state has its own superhero! Which superhero matches your state (I'm super jealous)? 

  • Fidel Castro passed away a few days back. But the Cuban revolutionary had developped relationships good, bad, and...fictional with many prominent literary figures.


  • Which Literary Character Is Your Angsty Twin? Take the quiz to find out. I got Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh, which one did you get?


  • So, every once in a while the book quotes featured on the side of The Reading Armchair change. If you want to see all of the existing book quotes, and some that have yet to appered on the blog you visit the pinterest board where I upload all of them!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I value comments a lot. So if you have anything to say feel free to express yourselves on the comments below! I try to respond to all of your comments and if you leave a link to your blog I will visit it :)