August 2, 2016

The Reading Book Post, August 2nd


Happy August, everyone! I can't believe that we are already in the last month of summer! At the moment, I'm back in my hometown and I'm taking it easy. Anyway, let's see what happened in the literary world the previous week.

  • The longlist for the Man Booker Prize 2016 has been announced. Among the nominees is J.M. Coetzee, twice winner of the Booker Prize, for his novel The Schooldays of Jesus.

  • Our favourite vampire is coming back! The upcoming novel of Anne Rice, Prince Lestat and the Realms of Atlantis will be published on November 29, but you can already read an excerpt.  

  • Have you finished reading Harry Potter and The Cursed Child yet? Well, J.K. Rowling has declared that after this story, Harry is done.


  • Any fans of The Savage Song by Victoria Schwab? Well, you might be lucky to watch it on the big screen, as Sony has bought the rights to the YA novel!


  • The first trailer of the long awaited American Gods is finally here! This only hyped me up!


  • While it's still summer, you might be searching for cities that are ideal for all of us book lovers. So, here is a list with all the cities around the world ideal for bookworms!


  • Every night, Dr. Seuss was creating artworks just for pleasure. He called these areworks Midnight Paintings and they are on view for the very first time. 


  • Looking for some book recommendations? Actress Tilda Swinton gives us her list with her 10 favourite books.


  • Which Rainbow Rowell Character Are You? Take the quiz to find out! I got Cath from Fangirl, how about you?


4 comments:

  1. Wow...This Savage Song is already (potentially) headed to the big screen? It was basically just published! With all this hype I think I'm gonna have to pick up a copy sometime soon.

    Wren @ http://fortheloveofbooksreviews.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With some books you just know that they would work great on the big screen...

      Delete
  2. Ooooo I'm so excited to hear about This Savage Song! I haven't read it yet (but I REALLY want to), but I've heard so many good things!
    Hahaha I got Cath too!
    -Amy

    ReplyDelete

Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I value comments a lot. So if you have anything to say feel free to express yourselves on the comments below! I try to respond to all of your comments and if you leave a link to your blog I will visit it :)