January 11, 2016

The Reading Book Post, January 11th


Hello, everyone! Are you keeping up with your New Year's Resolutions? I'm trying to do my best, although I don't know for how long! Anyway, let's see what happened in the literary world the previous week.

  • I'm saddened by the death of David Bowie. He will be much missed. In 2013, the artist posted a list of his 100 favourite books. The list features a great variety of books.


  • Watch now the book trailer of Ben H.Winters' upcoming novel Underground Airlines. The novel will be published on June 5, 2016. I can't wait!


  • Octarine, the eighth colour of the rainbow in the imaginary world of Discworld, might soon take its place in the periodic table. There is a petition, that was signed by almost 13,000 people, that one of the four recently discovered elements should take this name, as a tribute to the late author Terry Pratchett. 


  • Our Shared Self is a new feminist book club that Emma Watson has started on Twitter. The first book that was suggested by the actor is My Life on the Road by Gloria Steinem. Are you joining? 


  • Jennifer Armentrout will be releasing a new novel in 2016 and I'm very excited about it! The book will be called The Problem With Forever and is due on May 17. But, until then, read an excerpt!


  • Also, Marissa Meyer, the author of the Lunar Chronicles will release her first standalone novel, which is called Heartless. It's a prequel to Alice in Wonderland and you can find it in the bookstores on February 2, 2016. There is also an extract from the book available!


  • We all imagine in some way or another the characters in the books we are reading, based on the descriptions given by the authors. I'm also sure that we have complained that the casting of a character in the film adaptation wasn't right because we had another mental image. The illustrator Brian Joseph Davis has used a law enforcement sketch software, in order to create the portraits of various book characters based on the descriptions given in the novels. The result is truly outstanding! 



  • Which Jedi Master Will Teach You The Ways of the Force? Take the quiz to find out! I got Qui-Gon Jinn, which one did you get?   


10 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I can't wait for The Problem With Forever and Heartless! Those are two books I definitely want to read this year, when they come out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many good books are released this year! Can't wait to read them :)

      Delete
  2. Love this post. I was so sad about David Bowie. He was a true rock icon. And, wow, Problem with Forever sounds like my kind of book!!
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have high expectations of Problem with Forever!

      Delete
  3. I was shocked to hear about David Bowie this morning. The 3D maps were very interesting to look at. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such sad news!And today I'm even more saddened by the loss of Alan Rickman :(

      The 3D maps is such an original idea! It caught my eye!

      Delete
  4. I read the excerpt for Heartless and I really liked it. But, it's a long wait :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a long time indeed! I can't wait to read it :)

      Delete
  5. I had no idea Marissa Meyer was publishing a new book! It sounds really interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am joining our shared self! After being on a busy holidays and knowing I'm about to get even busier, I'm so wanting to pick up books again and I feel like it'll be a good start for me! :)

    Raashi
    raashiagarwal.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I value comments a lot. So if you have anything to say feel free to express yourselves on the comments below! I try to respond to all of your comments and if you leave a link to your blog I will visit it :)