November 30, 2015

The Reading Book Post, November 30th


Hello, everyone! The last day of autumn is here and I'm ready for the winter and the holiday season (I know it's early, but I can't wait for Christmas to arrive). Anyway, like every Monday, let's see what happened in the literary world the previous week.


  • Hatchards, the oldest bookshop in London, released a list of the best novels of the last 200 years, After this list, they asked all the customers to vote, in order to decide which one of them is the best. The results are finally announced and the readers have chosen The Warden by Anthony Trollope as their favourite novel of the last 200 years.


  • The Ladybird book series is getting an adult remake! Penguin has released eight news instalments for the series, which will be penned by Joel Morris and Jason Hazeley.They were published on November 19.

  • A new audiobook version of Pride and Prejudice is been prepared, narrated by Rosamund Pike. You can listen to a small recording!

  • A list of the best-selling manga for 2015 is now available. There is no surprise here, as One Piece was the top-selling manga for the seventh year in a row.

  • Those of you who have read Oliver Twist are familiar with Fagin. This character is said to be based on a real-life figure named Isaac "Ikey" Solomon. You can read his story in this very interesting article.   


  • What Book Universe Do You Belong In? Take the quiz to find out! I got Wonderland, how about you?

2 comments:

  1. I have read 'The Warden' and I really liked it. But, the best book in 200 years! Wow! Now that is a little...I don't know. I mean the list has so many popular books but 'The Warden' coming out as the winner is a little shocking for me as I never knew that this book is so popular among readers. But, any ways this book is a great read!

    I listened to the recording of Pride & Prejudice and it's pretty good!

    Thank you so much for keeping the readers updated! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read The Warden yet, but it impressed me that it got voted! I mean look at the list :D

      Delete

Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I value comments a lot. So if you have anything to say feel free to express yourselves on the comments below! I try to respond to all of your comments and if you leave a link to your blog I will visit it :)